Located in Midtown Manhattan, the Manhattan Fencing Center was started in 2007 by U.S. Fencing Hall of Fame Maestro Yury Gelman. We believe that fencing success has everything to do with the club and coaches. We pride ourselves on our exceptional facility, our world-class coaches and our dynamic programs.
- See our club featured on The New York Times video exclusive.
- Centrally located in Midtown Manhattan on 37th Street between 5th and 6th Avenues
- Close to Times Square, Grand Central Station, Penn Station, Path Trains, and Port Authority Bus Terminal
- Located on the 2nd fl of a newly renovated, doorman building with secure lobby area and three elevators
- Specially designed fencing floors to safeguard knees and ankles
- Fully equipped with air conditioning, 18 full length electric strips, WiFi, comfortable viewing area, targets, locker rooms and showers
- We are home to Olympic Silver Medal Sabre Men’s Individual (RIO), Olympic Bronze Medal Women’s Sabre Team (RIO), Olympic Silver Medal Saber Team (Beijing), three top 8 finishers London Olympics, US National Men’s and Women’s Saber Team, many World, National and NCAA Champions
- Widely recognized and highly respected world-class coaches; most have Master’s degree in Physical Education
- Fence with us to qualify for athletic scholarships at the best colleges and universities
- Check our competition results to see how successful we are. Those results speak for themselves.
- Enjoy non-competitive fencing as well to simply increase fitness and develop outstanding, character-building skills: patience, dedication, confidence, strength, and optimism
- Fence with USA National Team members and European National Team members at MFC Camps
Available Fencing Options
Check out our beginner packages for both kids and adults! Non-members are welcome to take part in our classes, lessons and open fencing. We offer all levels of fencing to fit everyone’s needs:
- Introductory fencing for children ages 4-6
- Beginner classes for ages 7+
- Beginner parents’ classes (no membership required)
- Beginner adults’ classes (no membership required)
- Intermediate, advanced, and elite classes
- Conditioning and competition classes
- Saber and foil coaches
- USFA tournaments held at our facility that give fencers the opportunity to increase their ranking and fence with the top athletes in the country
- Beginner, intermediate, and elite camps held at our facility to get you in shape for upcoming tournaments