Dear Parents and Fencers,
With summer fast approaching, MFC is creating a plan to return to fencing training.
In person summer camp sessions and virtual summer classes are set to start on June 29th based on the latest announcement by governor Cuomo.
The implementation of all Local, State and Federal guidelines and the health and safety of our students and staff are our main priority.
We anticipate our in person enrollment capacity to be very limited when we open this summer and for the fall semester.
We may be implementing the following protocols to ensure everyones safety.
- Temperature checks upon entry to the facility for staff and athletes
- Coaches and athletes will wear face masks inside the facility and under their fencing masks
- Limited number of athletes and parents in the facility (Local, State, Federal Guidelines).
- Parents will drop off only and will not remain in the lobby
- Limited classes and class sizes
- Cleaning the gym multiple times per day with an EPA recommended disinfectant
- Installation of air purifiers
- Sanitize commonly touched areas between classes
- Keeping the students in designated areas for social distancing
- Water Fountain will be closed, athletes should bring their own water bottle with their name on it
- Locker rooms will be available to one person at a time
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at multiple locations around the gym and the lobby
- Fencing equipment will not be shared
- Students enrolled in beginner camp will be assigned their personal set of equipment for the entire week.
Since we will be impacted with reduced numbers, it is very important that those families who want to have a summer fencing class or camp, should register as soon as possible. For those who have already registered for the summer, we will be in touch with any modifications to your class time.
Beginner and beginner advanced in person camps will be running weekly from 9am to 2/3pm. Click here for camp details.
Saber Youth Competitive Y10 and Y12 camp will run on Tuesdays and Thursdays 4:30pm-6:30pm starting June 29th. Click here for camp details.
Saber age 13+ (competitive and elite students) camp will run Monday, Wednesday, Friday 4:30pm-6:30pm starting June 29th. Click here for camp details.
Foil intermediate and above level camp will run the week of June 29th, Monday to Friday, 2:15pm-4:15pm and starting July 7th on Tuesday and Thursday 2:15pm to 4:15pm weekly. Click here for camp details.
Please let us know if you have any questions at this time.
We can’t wait to see you again!
-Manhattan Fencing Center Team